Asia Zanders (D)
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: A counseling would help children to cope better and help them with solving problems rationally.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: 100%. The military does it and it works. Offenders must have a cool down period so they don’t make a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Everyone deserves equal access to quality and affordable health insurance.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: We must find close and affordable locations to house the operations to ensure faster treatment
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: 100%. These communities could create more jobs, as well. This would give those in need a sense of pride and hope and training and counseling to get through their problems.