Hosting a Facebook Fundraiser for Mental Health Colorado
Thank you for signing up to do a Facebook fundraiser for Mental Health Colorado. This page includes all of the information you will need to launch a successful fundraising campaign, including:
- Language you can use for creating your fundraiser and promoting on social media
- Graphics you can use on social media
- Step-by-step instructions for starting a campaign on Facebook
Language you can use for fundraising:
- Mental health is more important than ever. That’s why I’m asking you to donate to my fundraising campaign for Mental Health Colorado, the state’s leading advocate in promoting mental wellness, ending shame and discrimination, and ensuring equitable access to mental health and substance use care.
- Supporting mental health is more important than ever. In the midst of this global pandemic, we are all facing many uncertainties. But what is certain is that all Coloradans now have a much keener understanding of the vital way in which our mental and our physical health are connected. The consumers for whom Mental Health Colorado has advocated for since its founding in 1953 will be feeling the consequences of this pandemic more painfully than others, making their advocacy work all the more important! Please donate what you can today!
- Mental health is important to me because [personalize with your story]. That’s why I want to support Mental Health Colorado. For more than 65 years, they have led the charge in promoting mental wellness, ending shame and discrimination, and ensuring all Coloradans can access mental health and substance use care. It’s life-changing work, and they rely on generous donations from Coloradans like us!
- I’m asking you to donate to my fundraising campaign for Mental Health Colorado! Funds will be used to support policy development and advocacy, help schools give their students the tools and resources they need to thrive, promote wellness in aging so that all Coloradans can thrive at every stage of life, and ensure all Coloradans can access high-quality mental health and substance use care.
Click here for social media graphics to promote your Facebook fundraiser.
Instructions for starting a Facebook fundraiser:
1. After logging into Facebook, on your home page, you’ll find the “Fundraisers” tab on the left.
2. After clicking the “Fundraisers” tab, you’ll click “Select Nonprofit.”
3. Next, you’ll type “Mental Health Colorado” and select “Mental Health America of Colorado dba Mental Health Colorado”
4. Lastly, you’ll set a fundraising goal, customize your campaign, and save all of your changes. We’re asking Brain Wave members to do a big fundraising push starting August 26 and ending on Sept. 2. We encourage you to share this with your followers throughout the week and remind them to donate!
If you have any questions about these guidelines, please reach out to our Communications Director, Aubree Hughes at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support for mental health!