Joann Ginal (D)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: we need more funding for more councilors and teachers and other professionals to recognize signs and symptoms
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: So important to continue the support and help people may need.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: I voted for it.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: mental health is a physical illness, we treat the WHOLE body
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- Yes: I have ridden with EMTs, Police and Firefighters and witnessed this on my ride alongs one man was picked up 3 times in one night by EMTs he was let go and went back to the place we picked him up the first time. We need places for people in crisis.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Absolutely!
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: Housing is very much tied to healthcare. It is very important.