What We DoMental Health Colorado advocates for the more than one million Coloradans who experience a mental health or substance use disorder each year. We engage policymakers, providers, the public, and the press to promote mental wellness, ensure equitable access to mental health and substance use services, and end stigma and discrimination. Our efforts range from the Capitol to the classroom.
Our Legislative Agenda
- Strong start for all children
- Access to housing, supports, and services
- Reduced potential harm of drugs and alcohol
- When prescribing benzodiazepines, prescribers must check to see that other life-threatening interacting medicines have not already been prescribed.
- All private carriers must use the same evidence-based and nationally recognized criteria in coverage determinations for the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Decriminalize mental health conditions
- Support for families
What you can do
- Get screened
Taking a screening is one of the quickest and easiest ways to assess your own mental health. Take a confidential quiz to check in with yourself.Get Screened
- Share your story
- Join the Brain Wave
At Mental Health Colorado, we’re building a statewide network of advocates; we call it the “Brain Wave.” We need volunteers to identify local barriers to mental health care – and drive solutions. Sign up and become a voice for mental health in your community.Join Us