Beth Hart (D)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: It is also important for the individual to have a close knit support group.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: The law would need to encompass anyone at extreme risk, not just those with a specific issue.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: I support transparency requirements for all health care services.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- No: I support supporting our hospitals, emergency care and doctor offices to network together to create services for all Coloradans.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- No: I support focusing on expanding, strengthening and having quality care for the facilities we have now.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: In saying yes, I support local community activism, donations and support in kind. State taxes only go so far in any of the health issues we all face.