Darrell Dinges (Libertarian)
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- No: These issues should be handled in other locations beside schools.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: A funding source would have to be found that does not affect existing priorities.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- No: These laws can cause persons to lose their Second Amendment rights without due process.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Coverage requirements need to be reasonable to ensure premiums are affordable.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- Yes: Patients should have access to a reasonable number of providers.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- No: I would have see more detail on this proposal prior to support this requirement.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Funding in this area could reduce spending on jails, courts and prisons.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: Funding spend on affordable housing could reduce law enforcements costs.