Faith Winter (D)
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: My own child has needed mental health services at school and it has made a world of difference.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: This is common sense legislation that needs to be passed.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: These ailments should not be treated differently.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: My dad was a mental health nurse at Ft. Logan, through him I saw what budget cuts did to these services. We have to do better.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: My sister is a social worker downtown and this is the number one thing she says would help.