Jonathan Singer (D)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: I have passed legislation to that extent, including investing in our school counselor corps.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Yes and we should examine taking steps similar to what New York state did when they sued the insurance industry for not providing mental health parity.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- Yes: Longmont has been instrumental in implementing a mental health co responder program in our law enforcement department. I look forward to expanding this statewide.
- Yes: As a member of the Opioid Interim Committee I’ve worked to pass bills and increase funding in the Long Bill to address treatment in underserved areas.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: I’m incredibly proud of the bill that we passed out of the Mental Illness in the Criminal Justice System Committee two years ago that addressed this issue with our criminal justice population.