Kit Roupe (R)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- No: Only of I can see it will work.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: How we do this seems to be hit or miss
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: How we do this will be critical to our success
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- No: I have had several different plans and they already match or exceed the legal standards
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- No: It is a shortage in the workforce that we must address
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- No: I think it is to their advantage to offer these alternatives. I believe it is a workforce shortage we are struggling with.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Absolutely, if we can resolve our workforce shortage
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: I have considered just this dirt of thing as a long-term treatment facility. We still would have a building and a workforce shortage that is bigger than initially anticipated.