Rochelle Galindo (D)
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: I work in a elementary school where mental health services are only available for two days a week. That is not enough. Students need these resources everyday to ensure their mental health is on a positive note to allow them to grow and learn in a classroom.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: As a Greeley city council member, I supported a program that provided mental health services to frequent 911 callers so that they would be given resources and local mental health services. This program subsequently reduced the amount of 911 callers and gave our residence the support they needed.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Ensuring positive mental health benefits a person’s overall well-being. We must view mental health as important as physical.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- Yes: It is important that patients have choices when seeking and kind of medical help.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- Yes: It is important to have as much transparency as possible with all types of medical emergencies.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Low income communities are the most vulnerable when it comes to mental health. It is important that these services are available to everyone.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?