November 25, 2019
I have much to be thankful for this year, and a great deal of that has to do with my mental health and the mental health of my family and friends.
At the same time, I’m strongly aware that life can throw some curveballs.
Countless others are in distress, and all of us are at risk.
Mental Health Colorado was established to work with you and our community partners to make sure that all Coloradans have healthier minds. A few of the most important ways we do this is by improving access to high-quality, life-saving mental health and substance use care and ensuring that mental health and physical health are treated equally.
This year, your contribution helped us:
- Increase the availability of mental health services for children and adolescents
- Strengthen and enforce laws requiring insurance companies to provide equal coverage for mental and physical care
- Increase funding to help reduce the high suicide rate in Colorado
- Expand capacity for providing mental health and substance use care
- Ensure families receive substance use care during and after pregnancy
There is still so much to do, and our success hinges on your support. Our donors and advocates drive policy and culture change in our state. Show your support for Mental Health Colorado by scheduling your Colorado Gives Day donation today.