Todd Kastetter (D)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: Measures to reduce the risk of future suicide attempts should be supported.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: I support extreme risk protection orders and “red flag” laws. Such laws are effective at reducing gun violence and protect due process rights of gun owners.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Coverage for treatment of mental health and substance use disorders should have a priority equal to coverage provided for physical illness.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- Yes: Insurance companies must have enough professionals available to make sure that members get the benefit of their policy. Without an adequate number of professionals available to provide the services, then mental health and substance use benefits are meaningless to many insureds.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Access to care and treatment for mental health and substance use should not depend on where someone lives.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: We should be looking for innovative ways to address the issues facing Colorado’s chronic homeless population.