Tom Sullivan (D)
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: Suicide prevention is an issue that I care very deeply about, especially as it pertains to gun violence. I will be a champion on this issue beginning day one.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: My background speaks for itself. If we can save one life from gun violence, either self-inflicted or from someone else, it is worth it.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Yes. We have a long way to go towards fulfilling the mental health parity provisions within federal law and I will work diligently with my colleagues to do so here in Colorado.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- Yes: I would go further than this and work to ensure that they have a wide choice of providers because each person is different and requires a unique set of services for their mental health needs.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Yes, and it is unacceptable that this reality exists for so many Coloradans.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?