Glenn Ingalls (Libertarian)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: A couple clarifications: School policies as dictated by the parents and local school boards, not by the state of federal government. Voluntary funding as provided by donations, not taxes, from communities, school benefactors, parents, and mental health service non-profits and charitable organizations..
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: Voluntary funding by donations and contributions, not taxes.
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: If you can figure out a way to initiate those protection orders without violating the rights to doctor-patient confidentiality, privacy of records, and full due process.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- No: If you or your family want that insurance coverage, then you should have the option to select that coverage from various insurance companies of your choice. Government should not be attempting to manage public health through insurance companies.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- No: Again, government should not be attempting to manage public health through insurance companies.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- No: But I would support an organization like the one conducting this survey attempting to facilitate the collection and dissemination of this information.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- No: But I would support an organization, like the on conducting this survey, in collecting donations and thus providing additional funds for these underserved areas.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- No: But I do support non-profit organizations funding these services. The state should not be “owning” or “investing”, but rather should be facilitating or incentivizing the growth in non-profit organizations that provide combined housing and support services.