Tanya Travis (D)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: This training helps teachers and other professionals spot children early for issues with mental health.
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: The cost of prevention is so much less than the emotional and real cost of a suicide
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: This requires a process that does not interfere with the second amendment.
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: Mental and physical health are not separate conditions
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- Yes: I also support addressing social economic factors early to build communities that connect
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- Yes: I believe we can support current information sharing technology for this reason, Quality Health Network.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: This may take different strategies for different cultural differences.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?