Phil Kelley (D)
Click here for more information on the candidate.
Do you support school policies and funding that increase the availability of mental health services in schools and early childhood settings?
- Yes: We need to get help to young children as soon as possible. Allowing mental illness to continue through adolescence to your teenage years is very detrimental to the individual
Do you support additional funding for follow-up care for individuals after a suicide attempt or overdose?
- Yes: This is an absolute necessity to save lives and fix problems to ignore it is dangerous for society as a whole
Do you support extreme risk protection orders?
- Yes: To ignore this problem is to put other lives in danger. We must protect society from this highly volatile situation
Do you support strengthening laws and transparency requirements compelling insurance companies to provide coverage for the treatment of mental health and substance use disorders that is equal to the coverage provided for a physical illness?
- Yes: mental health services should be provided wherever they are needed. I am in favor of Medicare for everyone in this insurance company problem would not be an issue at all.
Do you support strengthening requirements that insurance companies have enough mental health and substance use professionals to guarantee their members have a choice of provider?
- Yes: Insurance companies are one of our main problems. Medicare for all insurance for all.
Do you support requirements that hospitals and other providers report information on treatment availability to help individuals, hospitals and law enforcement locate available treatment for people in crisis?
- Yes: Absolutely, wasting time not providing immediate services just increases the anxiety and problems that already exist.
Do you support providing state funds to expand capacity for mental health and substance use treatment in underserved areas of the state?
- Yes: Absolutely, a just society is built from the bottom up, not the top down. We must help our citizens in every way possible to create a better society.
Do you support additional state investments in affordable housing with supportive services for people with mental health or substance use disorders?
- Yes: Absolutely, you cannot have it just society when there’s so much pain misery and mental illness for such a huge segment of the population. A just society is built from the bottom up not top-down